Dynamic Therapy for Individuals
What is Psychodynamic Psychotherapy ?
Therapists trained in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy work primarily on conflicts and the emotions experienced due to those conflicts ,not only in the current life situations but also the past
Individuals who are willing to undergo deep psychological and personality shifts may request appointments. For most people this therapy can be intense and transforming
Inevitably in life we will experience conflicts with others. When conflicts occur, we experience feelings. These feelings,make us aware of what we want. However, most patients seek therapy because they cannot channel their feelings into effective action. Instead, they become anxious and use defenses. During sessions the primary task continues to be to generate awareness on a moment to moment basis in the client if he may be unconsciously using self defeating patterns , help him choose to turn against unhealthy patterns and regulate his emotions to work towards effective action
How is it different from other therapies?
1.NOT GIVING ADVICE This therapy is non Directive, though the therapist and client actively work together towards achieving therapeutic goals . Whereas in most therapies the person is guided to think or behave in certain ways, in this therapy advice or interpretations are avoided and the client assisted to build his own capacity to be the driver of his actions based on his emotions and wants.
2.IT IS AN ADVANCED FORM OF ANALYTIC THERAPY REQUIRING HIGH MOTIVATION In this form of therapy emotions are felt,experienced and mastered unlike most other therapies where there is passive listening and thinking.
3.THE FOCUS IS ON CONFLICTS AND EMOTIONS The maximum focus being on how a person responds to conflicts and situations including relationships which bring up emotions,whether of love,anger,grief,disgust,happiness or sorrow.
4. GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP IS ACTIVELY WORKED UPON BY THE CLIENT AND THE THERAPIST TO GET MAXIMUM BENEFIT OUT OF THERAPY The other key difference is that as therapy progresses both the client and the therapist constantly work on the emotions and reactions in the therapy room as well ,including reactions towards the therapist. These reactions are also worked upon to build a good working relationship with the therapist to get the maximum out of therapy.
What problems can one be experiencing before one chooses Psychodynamic Psychotherapy?
PSYCHOLOGICAL PAIN OR PSYCHOSOMATIC DISORDERS
People who have been suffering from long standing physical symptoms like headache,migraines,backaches with no medical cause
- Lack of motivation
- Disturbance in thoughts, repetitive thoughts
- Behaviour causing harm to oneself or others
- Excessive fear without real cause
- Phobias – of heights, crowds, open spaces etc
- Sadness, moodiness
- Anger and aggression
- Sexual difficulties
- Poor motivation
- Reduced efficiency
- Poor concentration
- Feeling incapable
- Poor interactions
- Several intimacy issues
- Several orientation issues
- Loss of relationship
Confidentiality: You can rest assured that utmost confidentiality is maintained to protect any information that you share with us during your therapy.