Skill building workshop on how to work with patients who say they don’t have a problem 7th Feb 2021
Have you worked with patients ,who walk in for a session but deny they have a psychological problem? Have you found yourself stuck when the patient asks you to figure out what problem you think he should work upon?
This 8 hour workshop will focus on unconscious defenses which may be stalling the essential process of building an alliance and getting a clear problem to work upon
Maximum number of Participants 10
This workshop is open to psychotherapists following any theory of the mind
Last date 20th January. First come first basis.
Faculty Dr. Sonaa Kakar MD
The aim of the workshop
- To introduce effective tools to quickly build an alliance in the first meeting with patients who unconsciously use rationalization, denial, projection or a host of other defenses which slows the therapy process.
- To practice these tools in the group setting with Skill Building Exercises
- To teach Short Term Dynamic Psychotherapy, moment to moment through actual video recorded sessions of patients
What the participants will learn by the end of the workshop.
- Develop skills to keep an effective focus in therapy
- Develop skills to quickly build an alliance with the patient
- Basic Theory and Practice of Short- Term Dynamic Psychotherapy
- How to work with Patients who do not declare a problem
8 hours including breaks.(9 am till 5 pm)
Workshop fees is ₹ 3000/- which is to be transferred via
1. NEFT to : “SONA KAKAR” , Account Number : 159959403334 IFSC : INDB0000320 Bank Name : IndusInd Bank
2. Googlepay : UPI ID: centreforemotions01@okaxis
Please send a screenshot on whatsapp of the NEFT or GPAY to +91-9100221111
Please put the NEFT/GPAY details in the form while submitting.